This course will give you a good understanding of the pupils that research shows are most at risk of face-to-face and online bullying. It will help to prepare you to do anti-bullying work that involves tackling discriminatory and prejudice-related bullying.
It takes approximately 2.5-3 hours to complete.
You will be asked to complete a survey at the end of the course and will receive a CPD certificate upon completion. Your certificate will remain in the ‘My trainings’ section of the e-learning platform and you can click on the pink tick to download it at any time.
*Please note: All lessons must be completed in order to access/download your certificate. The menu on the left will track your progress through the course.
On completion of this course, participants will have a greater understanding of:
The groups of children and young people most at risk of bullying
How to challenge bias and deficit thinking
Equalities and the Law
The importance of recording bullying data by pupil characteristic
The key principles of creating schools that welcome and value all pupils
The course covers the following lessons (approximate timings for each lesson are also below):
1. Introduction to Bullying and ‘Difference’ (15 mins)
2. Avoiding bias and deficit models (30 mins)
3. Equality and the Law (25 mins)
4. Protected characteristics and at-risk groups (30 mins)
5. Recording bullying data by pupil characteristic (25 mins)
6. Creating schools where everyone is welcome and valued (30 mins)